In partnership with families and the community, the ACCAP Anoka/Washington County Head Start-Early Head Start program provides early, continuous, intensive and a comprehensive range of core services to pregnant women and children up to age five and their families. ACCAP combines services such as education, early childhood development, health, nutrition, mental health, disabilities services, family support services, and parental involvement with the goal of enhancing each child’s life and building a strong family unit. A case management system maintains the strengths of the family support approach and links the services to each other and the families we serve. ACCAP’s mission is accomplished by:
- Empowering children through implementation of best practices in early childhood education;
- Promoting family participation in program development, decision making and total program services;
- Ensuring program excellence and development through local and statewide collaboration and integration by connecting low-income working families with high-quality childcare as well as the full spectrum of Head Start services.
Our Head Start program reflects this philosophy through efforts to carry out the following principles:
- Culture – All aspects of this program support the cultures of the families and the community in which this program operates.
- Program Governance – Parents and governing bodies have opportunity for participation and shared decision-making in every area of the program.
- Individualized Family Partnerships – The staff and program meet the expressed interests and needs of each parent though the ongoing process of personal and family goal setting and partnering of activities to meet these goals.
- Community Resources – Families build the confidence, skill and knowledge they need to access community resources on their own behalf.
- Leadership – Parents, staff and Governing Bodies members work together and provide leadership to communicate with their communities about the interest and needs of Head Start and assist in strengthening existing services or bringing in new services that are needed.
- Fiscal Responsibility – Maintain and operate fiscally solvent program in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards and other regulations.
Find us at: